- Dish TV-Videocon d2h merger deal concludes as MIB grants approval
- Airtel Blocked From Aadhaar Platform After Being Accused Of Misusing Data
- Railways mulling installation of CCTV cameras inside trains
- Interpol denies India's request for red corner notice against Zakir Naik, cites lack of evidence as reason
- The Rebooting Of Rahul Gandhi, 49th Congress President
Universal Music India ups Vinit Thakkar to SVP
MUMBAI: Universal Music India has promoted Vinit Thakkar as its senior vice president. He is currently head of digital, licensing and new business for India.
Thakkar will be based in Mumbai and will report to Universal Music Group South Asia, managing director and CEO Devraj Sanyal. In the new position, he will look into the operations of Universal Music Group’s Indian and South Asian business across Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Nepal and Bangladesh.
The new role will see Thakkar head iconic label EMI Records India, a sub label of Universal Music Group in association with leading Bollywood film director Mohit Suri. The label acts as a platform for discovering, nurturing and breaking talent into the world of Bollywood film music.
Prior to joining UMG, Thakkar was senior general manager at Sony Music, handling P&L responsibility across digital, licensing and publishing businesses. He previously worked at Titan and Citibank in their sales and marketing divisions.