- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
UCWeb promotes Diwali release of ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’
MUMBAI: UCWeb India, part of Alibaba Mobile Business Group, has tied up with Fox Star Studios India, Dharma Productions and Sony Music India to promote the Diwali release of ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’.
In a fortnight-long campaign, UCWeb has gained the exclusive rights to ‘The Breakup Song’, and has launched special section of unseen and exclusive footage from the movie, video bytes from the stars, movie trivia and special posters as pop up screen and banners on its platform, UC Browser and UC News.
‘The Breakup Song’, hosted and promoted by UCWeb 24 hours ahead of its world-wide launch, reached out to over 6 million viewers via UC Browser. Exclusive film footage, trivia, video bytes of Ranbir Kapoor and Anushka Sharma along with the film’s posters reached out to over 2 million UC Browser users through a splash screen.
UCWeb India, GM, Robert Bu, says, “Being a leading mobile internet browser with millions of users, UC Browser is helping brands and content providers connect with masses by taking their content to our 80 million monthly active users in India. The move is part of our increased focus on “Digitizing Entertainment” – offering diverse and comprehensive content options on mobile.”
UCWeb hosted and promoted the song 24 hours ahead of its world-wide launch and has reached out to over six million viewers through UC Browser. Whereas, the exclusive film footage, trivia, video bytes of Ranbir Kapoor and Anushka Sharma along with film’s posters reached out to over two million UC Browser users through a splash screen.
Fox Star Studios India CMO Shikha Kapur said, “Traditional methods of promoting a movie are giving way to newer avenues where film makers not just want to reach out to the masses but also make a positive impact. The power of mobile cannot be ignored in a scenario where people are consuming content on the go. With UC Browser, we could connect to its extensive user base that engaged with us on multiple platforms, and boosted the campaign’s reach and engagement with the youth.”
Written and directed by Karan Johar, ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’ will release on 28 October. Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan are in lead roles.