- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Twitter curates customised emoji for ‘Bigg Boss 10’
MUMBAI: Twitter has curated a customised emoji for the 10th season of Colors’ popular reality show ‘Bigg Boss’.
The emoji went live on 16 October and will be active for the complete season.
The microblogging site registered over 111k tweets for the season premiere, which is 44% higher than last year’s ‘Bigg Boss’ premiere. For the ninth season, the social media platform registered over 80,000 tweets for the premiere episode, and the overall season garnered more than 5.7 million tweets, up 70% compared to the earlier season. It was also one of the biggest TV x twitter moments of 2015 and became the show’s most-tweeted season.
Twitter India, head of TV partnerships, Viral Jain said, “Twitter is what’s happening in the world of news, sports, politics and entertainment, and it brings millions of fans closer to their favourite stars and shows. Each year, we raise the bar with ‘Bigg Boss’ and introduce viewers to new innovations on the platform, and the first-ever ‘Bigg Boss’ emoji will add to the excitement of Season 10 and delight fans across the globe. Along with the emoji, this season will also see lots more fun and exciting Twitter-only activations for ‘Bigg Boss’ fans.”
In the past, Twitter has celebrated key cultural moments by announcing customised emojis for significant moments such as Ganesh Chaturthi, Independence Day, Republic Day and the International Day of Yoga.