- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Turner’s Toonami channel to launch in Thailand on 14 Jan
MUMBAI: Turner Broadcasting System Asia Pacific has announced that Toonami, its all-adventure kids channel, is slated to launch in Thailand on 14 January.
Toonami will be broadcast in the Thai language and will have a wide appeal to local viewers with a programme line-up packed with animated series and movies.
As a companion brand to Cartoon Network and Boomerang, Toonami is the home of superheroes. Featured action franchises on Toonami include Ben 10, Justice League Unlimited, Teen Titans, Transformers Prime, Wolverine and the X-Men, and Batman: The Brave and the Bold. The channel will also broadcast feature-length movies.
Phil Nelson, Turner’s SVP and MD of North Asia and Southeast Asia Pacific, said: “We’re extremely pleased to be working with our partners from Major Kantana Broadcasting again to launch Toonami. This launch demonstrates Turner’s confidence and commitment to Thailand and follows on the success of Boomerang, the #1 kids cable & satellite channel with an amazing audience share of 72% year to date. It also complements the recent opening of Cartoon Network Amazone, the brand’s first ever waterpark in Bang Saray, east of Bangkok.”