- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Turner’s Toonami channel to launch in Thailand on 14 Jan
MUMBAI: Turner Broadcasting System Asia Pacific has announced that Toonami, its all-adventure kids channel, is slated to launch in Thailand on 14 January.
Toonami will be broadcast in the Thai language and will have a wide appeal to local viewers with a programme line-up packed with animated series and movies.
As a companion brand to Cartoon Network and Boomerang, Toonami is the home of superheroes. Featured action franchises on Toonami include Ben 10, Justice League Unlimited, Teen Titans, Transformers Prime, Wolverine and the X-Men, and Batman: The Brave and the Bold. The channel will also broadcast feature-length movies.
Phil Nelson, Turner’s SVP and MD of North Asia and Southeast Asia Pacific, said: “We’re extremely pleased to be working with our partners from Major Kantana Broadcasting again to launch Toonami. This launch demonstrates Turner’s confidence and commitment to Thailand and follows on the success of Boomerang, the #1 kids cable & satellite channel with an amazing audience share of 72% year to date. It also complements the recent opening of Cartoon Network Amazone, the brand’s first ever waterpark in Bang Saray, east of Bangkok.”