- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Turner appoints Deepa Sridhar as South Asia head of corporate communications and CNN marketing
MUMBAI: Turner India has appointed Deepa Sridhar as head of Turner corporate communications and CNN Marketing for South Asia, effective today.
Based in Mumbai, Sridhar is responsible for overseeing corporate communications for Turner India and all communications for Turner India’s kids, entertainment and news brands in South Asia including Cartoon Network, Pogo, Toonami, HBO, WB and CNN International.
Sridhar will also oversee CNN affiliate and brand marketing in the region. She will support Turner India managing director Siddharth Jain, and his senior leadership team on all communications initiatives.
Sridhar will report to Turner Asia Pacific VP, corporate communications and marketing Gregory Ho. “Deepa is a seasoned communications professional with an impressive track record and in-depth understanding of the South Asia market. 2016 is a hugely important year for Turner given the high interest in the US Presidential elections, the Olympics in Rio and the European Championships in France on the news front, while we will also launch the new Powerpuff Girls and Ben 10 cartoon franchises globally, as well as a host of new initiatives for our entertainment brands. Deepa joins us at a very exciting time and will be a valuable addition to our team of communications professionals, building upon the strength of the Turner brands in the region,” said Gregory Ho.
Prior to joining Turner India, Sridhar was Director, Corporate Communications, South Asia, for J. Walter Thompson.