- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Turner APAC beefs up distribution team
MUMBAI: Turner Asia Pacific has made key appointments to its distribution team in Southeast Asia, Australia and Pacific markets. This includes new positions for Robi Stanton and Vishal Dembla, as well as the appointment of Voo Chih Yeong.
Turner has launched several new brands, including the addition of Oh!K and World Heritage Channel. It has also relaunched Warner TV and Boomerang.
“Turner’s rapid expansion across Southeast Asia and the significance of the Australia market has triggered this important change,” said Turner’s MD and SVP for North Asia and Southeast Asia Pacific Phil Nelson. “We work with demanding, world-class partners and they deserve the best team to support their business. I’m confident that our outstanding brands and this new-look, high-caliber team can meet these growing needs.”
As part of the expansion, and emphasising the importance of the Australia market, Stanton has been promoted to General Manager – Australia, New Zealand and Pacific Territories. She will oversee all of Turner’s commercial business relationships in these markets, including ad sales, content sales and network distribution.
Appointed Vice President – Southeast Asia, Yeong will assume responsibility for all affiliate partnerships in key markets such as Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia. He joins Turner from Sony Pictures Television Networks Asia, effective 3 June.
In addition, Dembla has been promoted to VP – Hong Kong and Southeast Asia, with a remit that includes Hong Kong, Thailand and Indochina.
Dembla recently spearheaded a number of initiatives including the launch of Toonami, Boomerang and Pogo in Thailand.