- Honeypreet's bail plea: Delhi High court reserves order, asks her to surrender
- MIB seeks compliance report from Arasu on digitisation
- Pakistan court to indict Nawaz Sharif on October 2 in corruption cases
- Narendra Modi's 16000 cr Saubhagya scheme for households
- 894 dengue cases in New Delhi over last week
- SBI cuts minimum balance requirement in savings account to Rs 3000
- Malegaon blast accused Major Ramesh Upadhyay gets bail from Bombay High Court
Turkey’s annual drama exports exceed $150 mn annually
MUMBAI: Turkey is one of the most dynamic and prolific drama-producing nations, with its productions currently broadcast in over 100 countries.
The territory’s annual drama exports exceed $150 million annually. International shows from Turkey include the Ottoman Empire costume drama series ‘Magnificent Century’. Now in its fourth season, this has been a top-rated show on the international market.
Turkey has a population of more than 76 million, giving it a strong domestic market for TV content. Its output covers all genres including drama, feature films, documentaries and animation. In recent years, the country has become a fresh source for adaptable formats.
At the crossroads of Europe and Asia, Turkey also acts as a production hub, offering quality technical infrastructure.
Istanbul Chamber of Commerce VP Dursun Topçu said, “The Turkish television industry ranks as the second-fastest growing in the world. As the Country of Honour, we would like to share this dynamism at Mipcom 2015, which provides a global showcase for Turkey to advertise its treasures to the world.”
For all these reasons, Turkey has been named Mipcom 2015 country of honour. Organised by Reed Midem, the television trade event Mipcom 2015 will take place in Cannes from 5-8 October.
The Mipcom focus on Turkey will feature a series of high-level conferences from Turkish industry figures, screening showcases to preview the country’s latest programme, and business networking events.
Reed Midem’s television division director Laurine Garaude said, “The COH programme allows TV executives from around the world to discover the richness of Turkey’s TV and entertainment industry”.