- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Toonz, Gnosis to co-produce animated feature films
MUMBAI: Los Angeles-based Gnosis Moving Pictures and India-based animation powerhouse Toonz Media Group have entered into a long-term co-financing and animation partnership on a slate of CG-animated feature films to roll out over several years.
Toonz, part of the multi-billion dollar Comcraft Group based out of Geneva, will contribute substantial equity to the projects and will produce them at their India and New Zealand facilities.
Gnosis Moving Pictures, which is currently developing a number of children’s films both independently and with Oscar-winning animation icon Will Vinton, will team with Toonz to develop and distribute thought provoking animated content for children and families.
“This long term partnership furthers our mission to bring animated projects that both entertain and encourage children across the world,” said Gnosis CEO Darius Kamali. “Toonz shares our vision and we look forward to embarking on this journey with them to enrich the lives of children through a slate of animated film properties.”
“At Toonz we believe in creating wonderful stories with a soul for kids all over the world. It was a delight to discover that Gnosis has a similar vision and I hope this partnership brings out wonderful visual treats for kids across the globe for a very long time to come,” added Toonz CEO P. Jayakumar.