- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
Toonz, Gnosis to co-produce animated feature films
MUMBAI: Los Angeles-based Gnosis Moving Pictures and India-based animation powerhouse Toonz Media Group have entered into a long-term co-financing and animation partnership on a slate of CG-animated feature films to roll out over several years.
Toonz, part of the multi-billion dollar Comcraft Group based out of Geneva, will contribute substantial equity to the projects and will produce them at their India and New Zealand facilities.
Gnosis Moving Pictures, which is currently developing a number of children’s films both independently and with Oscar-winning animation icon Will Vinton, will team with Toonz to develop and distribute thought provoking animated content for children and families.
“This long term partnership furthers our mission to bring animated projects that both entertain and encourage children across the world,” said Gnosis CEO Darius Kamali. “Toonz shares our vision and we look forward to embarking on this journey with them to enrich the lives of children through a slate of animated film properties.”
“At Toonz we believe in creating wonderful stories with a soul for kids all over the world. It was a delight to discover that Gnosis has a similar vision and I hope this partnership brings out wonderful visual treats for kids across the globe for a very long time to come,” added Toonz CEO P. Jayakumar.