- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
Times Square to shine with biggest and most expensive digital billboard
MUMBAI: New York’s bustling advertising hub Times Square is all set to shine with the largest and most expensive digital billboard, which will light up on Tuesday night.
As per reports, the move is a gamble by marketers to captivate audiences with the biggest display. A digital art exhibition by Universal Everything studio will animate the screen from Tuesday night until 24 November, when Google will take over as the exclusive, debut advertiser with a campaign that runs through the New Year.
The new screen is eight stories tall and almost as long as a football field, spanning the block from 45th Street to 46th Street on Broadway. Around 24 million LED pixels, each containing red, blue and green lights make up the display, giving it a very high resolution.
A report in the New York Times mentions that at a rate of over $2.5 million for four weeks, the mega-screen ranks as one of the most expensive pieces of outdoor ad real estate on the market.
The new sign, at 1535 Broadway, hangs on the Marriott Marquis hotel. Vornado Realty Trust has built the new screen as part of a redevelopment project for new signs and retail components of the hotel. Vornado says it expects to lease a span of new retail space at the site to about half a dozen companies.