- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Times Music acquires Kannada record label’s music rights
MUMBAI: Times Music has acquired the rights to Kannada record label Ashwini Recording Company’s repertoire of music.
The label’s exclusive collection of songs will now be available with other Kannada hits, bringing a diverse range of music styles together under one roof of Times Music. Times Music will also get access to the label’s diverse film catalogue of over 900 Kannada movie tracks, which include blockbuster movies starring Shivarajkumar, Puneeth Raj Kumar, Sudeep, Upendra, Darshan and others.
KJ Jesudas, Dr SP Balasubrahmanyam, Madhu Balakrishna, S Janaki, KS Chitra, Late C Ashwath and other legends have performed under Ashwini Recording Company and it has a catalogue of over 20,000 devotional songs, which now Times Music has rights to.
Times Music COO Mandar Thakur, said, “We are proud to join forces with Ashwini Recording Company, a market leader in Kannada repertoire and promote them on a global digital and publishing platform.”
Established in 1985, Ashwini Recording Company focused and excelled entirely in creating and distributing devotional songs. The entire music catalogue of Ashwini Recording Company will be available exclusively on Times Music and is now available across all music stores, digital and mobile services. The music videos of all the songs will be available on the Times Music Kannada YouTube channel.