- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
‘The Baker And The Beauty’ will be on Amazon Prime Video
MUMBAI: Keshet International (KI) has announced a worldwide licensing deal in more than 200 countries and territories for the Israeli romantic comedy series ‘The Baker and The Beauty’.
Amazon Prime Video will be the premium subscription streaming home for season one and season two.
Both seasons which amount to 20 half-hour episodes is currently airing in Israel. ‘The Baker and The Beauty’ will be available on Amazon Prime Video later this year. Members can also download the series to mobile devices for offline viewing at no additional cost to their membership. The global Amazon deal was brokered by KI senior sales manager, Rose Hughes.
‘The Baker and the Beauty’ is created and written by Assi Azar and produced by Endemol Israel (season one) and Shenhar Productions (season two) for Keshet Broadcasting. It is one of the highest-rated scripted series in Israel and has been successfully adapted in the Netherlands (Net 5).
KI COO and president distribution Keren Shahar said, “Owing to its totally universal appeal and uncompromising high production values, ‘The Baker and the Beauty’ has found itself another new home on one of the world’s most prestigious content platforms, Amazon Prime Video. Following the acquisition of The A Word for US Prime members, we’re delighted to be in business with Amazon again, and this time on a global level.”
This romantic comedy follows the impossible love story between a simple baker and an international superstar. Noa Hollander has it all: she’s the most famous woman in the country, the beautiful daughter of a hotel magnate, a successful model with an international career and – up until now – one half of a Hollywood power couple. Amos is a simple 28-year-old guy who still lives with his parents and works at the family baker. A chance meeting leads to an unlikely love story.