- ACT Fibernet rolls-out 1 Gbps plan in Bengaluru after Hyderabad
- Vishnu Shankar takes charge as &TV business head
- Unitech Shares Plunge 13% As Supreme Court Stays NCLT Order
- Tax department probes unregulated bitcoin exchanges after valuations jump
- Coal scam: Fmr Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda, Fmr coal Secy held guilty
- Deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar was extended to March 31, 2018
‘Terminator Genisys’ earns $2.8 mn in India
MUMBAI: Movie fans around the world cheered the return of ‘The Terminator’ franchise. In India, the film ‘Terminator Genisys’ has made $2.8 million, which is a record for the franchise.
The other key international markets for the movie have been Russia ($12.5 million), Korea ($11.1 million) and Mexico ($6.2 million). Globally, it has made $85 million so far.
However, in the US its performance was not encouraging. It made less than $30 million in the opening weekend. The movie earned $44.2 million over five days, according to Rentrak. Paramount had hoped to reach at least $50 million in this period. Arnold Schwarzenegger is still a star around the world, but in the US it seems that movie goers have had enough of ‘The Terminator’.
‘Jurassic World’ made $30.9 million over the three-day holiday weekend in the US. ‘Inside Out’ made $30.1 million. ‘Jurassic World’ has now made over $1.3 billion globally.
Paramount Pictures vice chairman Rob Moore told ‘Variety’ that ‘Terminator: Genisys’ should have enough firepower internationally to finish in the $300 million to $400 million range. This is multiples of what the film will earn in the US. The film is yet to open in markets like China.
‘Terminator Genisys’ was made on a budget of $155 million.