- Honeypreet's bail plea: Delhi High court reserves order, asks her to surrender
- MIB seeks compliance report from Arasu on digitisation
- Pakistan court to indict Nawaz Sharif on October 2 in corruption cases
- Narendra Modi's 16000 cr Saubhagya scheme for households
- 894 dengue cases in New Delhi over last week
- SBI cuts minimum balance requirement in savings account to Rs 3000
- Malegaon blast accused Major Ramesh Upadhyay gets bail from Bombay High Court
Tencent Penguin Pictures teams up with Fox, Focus TV to bring ‘The Trading Floor’
MUMBAI: Fox Networks Group Asia (FNG) and Focus Television (Focus TV) have announced that Tencent Penguin Pictures (Tencent) will join forces with them in bringing ‘The Trading Floor’, a Chinese-language miniseries, to viewers across the globe.
Set in Asia’s financial hub Hong Kong, ‘The Trading Floor’ is a five-episode series following a crack team of financial mercenaries in their attempt to conquer the financial market. It is produced by Hong Kong superstar Andy Lau’s Focus TV with KK Wong (Director of The Election 2014) as scriptwriter and director.
The series has netted a cast of feature-film talent, including award-winning HK actor Francis Ng, Taiwanese hearththrob Joseph Chang and Yu Nan; also co-starring Poon Chang Leung, Jacky Cai, Carlos Chan and Jiang Qilin with special appearance of Patrick Tam.
Scheduled to be released in the fall of 2017, ‘The Trading Floor’ will be broadcast on SCM, FNG Asia’s leading Chinese movie channel. It will also be made available to viewers in mainland China on Tencent Video on a day and date basis.
Producer of ‘The Trading Floor’ Andy Lau said, “With its innovation in storytelling and multi-dimensional characters, we truly believe ‘The Trading Floor’ will have great appeal to global drama viewers. We hope the series will create a new dimension to the Asian television production industry.”
FNG Asia senior VP, head of the Chinese entertainment Cora Yim said, “We are thrilled to partner with Tencent and Focus TV, and in particular, to have Andy Lau as the producer for The Trading Floor. Together with the amazing on-and off-screen talent and crew, we are bringing high value, top quality Chinese content to our fans.”