- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Tencent, MGM in deal for online rights to entire James Bond franchise in China
MUMBAI: Tencent, a provider of Internet value-added services in China, has acquired the online rights to the complete James Bond franchise from Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios (MGM).
Tencent will be the only China Internet company providing the 007 titles online to China’s vast movie fan base.
China’s fans of the spy thrillers can now enjoy TVOD (transactional video on demand) and SVOD (subscription video on demand) access to the entire Bond collection, from Dr. No to Skyfall, currently the highest-grossing James Bond movie of all time. Tencent users will also be able to enjoy in-depth documentaries, behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with the Bond stars.
The 24th Bond adventure, ‘Spectre’, from Albert R. Broccoli’s EON Productions, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios, and Sony Pictures Entertainment, is set to hit Chinese audiences on 13 November.
‘Spectre’, which continues the longest running film franchise in cinema history, had a record-setting release in the UK, including setting new records for the biggest opening of all time and the highest seven-day gross in UK box office history. The UK wasn’t alone in shattering box office records as nearly every releasing market, including Finland, Norway, andDenmark, saw ‘Spectre’ make history as the biggest box office opening of all-time, surpassing the last James Bond film ‘Skyfall’.
Tencent users can watch the James Bond series via Tencent’s various online channels, including v.qq.com, film.qq.com and the Tencent Video app. Spectre will also be made available through this partnership in the future.