- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Tata Sky launches complimentary Oscar films showcase service
MUMBAI: Direct-to-home (DTH) operator Tata Sky has launched a new service called ‘Tata Sky Hollywood Winners’ to showcase Oscar-winning and -nominated movies to its subscribers. This year’s edition of the Academy Awards are set to be held on 27 February.
Starting this week, Tata Sky Hollywood Winners will run for a period of one month, up to the first week of March. It will be complimentary for all Tata Sky subscribers and will be available in both SD and HD. The service will also be available on the Tata Sky Mobile App.
The service will showcase movies that were winners or nominated for categories such as ‘Best Picture’, ‘Best Director’, ‘Best Actor/Actress in a leading role’ in the previous years’ Academy Awards. It will offer films such as ‘The Wolf of Wall Street’, ‘The Hurt Locker’, ‘Crash’, ‘The Reader’, ‘American Hustle’ and more. These movies will run all day throughout the week.
Tata Sky chief content business development officer Paolo Agostinelli said, “The last Oscars was watched over 200 countries with a viewership of over 30 million. Apart from viewership, the demand for Oscar-nominated or -winning movies also goes up during this time of the year. True to our objective of providing world-class quality content, Tata Sky hence went about collating a bunch of acclaimed Oscar movies that would appeal to viewers across age groups and genres. We have in the past seen a positive sentiment and higher loyalty with HD subscribers whenever we launch such unique and differentiated services. We look forward to many more subscribers enjoying our offerings.”
Prior to this, Tata Sky had offered differentiated offerings such as Punjab De Rang, Tata Sky Bangla Cinema, Tata Sky Mumbai Film Festival and Kids Showcase.