- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
Tamil film ‘Kaashmora’ to stream on Amazon Prime Video ahead of its TV premiere
MUMBAI: Over-the-top (OTT) platform Amazon Prime Video is all set to premiere Tamil blockbuster ‘Kaashmora’ before its TV release on Pongal, which falls on 14 January.
The platform has also added political satire ‘Joker’, megastar Rajinikanth starrer ‘Kabali’ and ‘Theri’ (starring Vijay and Amy Jackson) to its library of Tamil movies.
‘Kaashmora’, starring Karthi and Nayantara, is a Tamil supernatural comedy fantasy film written and directed by Gokul. It revolves around Kaashmora and his family who live by cheating people in the name of black magic and dark spirits. One day, a PhD research student Yamini joins Kaashmora, only to gather evidence and expose him to the public.
‘Joker’ is a political satire which criticizes the present political absurdities. Mannar (protagonist), a villager who declares himself as Indian president, protests government for absurdities. On a trial, he reveals his past. When everyone sees him as Joker, audiences are questioned at the end.
‘Kabali’, a revolutionary who fights for the betterment of his people in a foreign land, is falsely implicated and thrown behind bars. When he returns after his prison term, he starts a search for his wife and ends up confronting those who were the reason behind his miseries. What follows is a tale of revenge, emotion and payback. As a movie mounted on a huge scale, it truly brings a larger-than-life and much loved superstar to the streaming audiences.
In ‘Theri’, an honest cop Vijay Kumar’s family is ruthlessly slaughtered by a politician and his aides. He decides to change his identity and commits his life to bringing up his daughter in a serene atmosphere. But when some events compromise his identity, he does what he must to save his daughter and avenge the death of his family.