- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Tablet apps processor revenue to reach $7.2 billion in 2018
MUMBAI: The global tablet applications processor market is set to register impressive growth of 14.6 per cent CAGR in revenues from 2013 to 2018 to reach $7.2 billion in 2018, based on Strategy Analytics Handset Component Technologies service forecast report, ‘Tablet Apps Processor Forecast (2010-18): Double-Digit Revenue Growth Over Next 5 Years’.
Strategy Analytics reports that the tablet applications processor market will register a forecast double-digit revenue growth rate over the next five years. In addition, penetration in tablets of applications processors with an integrated baseband will increase to 17 per cent in 2018 from just two per cent in 2012, thanks to low-cost quad-core 3G / 4G chips from Qualcomm, MediaTek, Spreadtrum and others. Multi-core penetration in tablets was close to 90 per cent in 2013 and this is likely to continue.
Senior analyst Sravan Kundojjala said, “Strategy Analytics notes that the barrier to entry is quite low in tablet applications processors compared to smartphone applications processors. Therefore, we forecast a modest average selling price (ASP) growth through 2018, despite the introduction of 64-bit chips. In addition, a high concentration of low-cost tablet chip vendors in this market will result in a price war which is expected to have a significant impact on ASPs.”
Strategy Analytics Handset Component Technologies service director Stuart Robinson said, “Strategy Analytics forecasts x86-based chip penetration in tablets will increase to 30 percent in 2018 from two per cent in 2012. We expect Intel’s investments in Android solutions will result in future share gains.”