- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
T-series to foray into Marathi film production biz
MUMBAI: After succeeding in Hindi, Punjabi and Bhojpuri films, T-Series has decided to foray into the Marathi film production business. The plan is to initially co-produce with Mahesh Manjrekar.
As the first step in this direction, T-Series, led by Bhushan Kumar, has signed a 10-movie music deal with ace director Mahesh Manjrekar. Out of the 10 Marathi movies, seven are directed by Manjrekar himself.
Manjrekar and Kumar have earlier worked together in the Hindi film industry. They now want to spread this association to Marathi movies.
Said Kumar, “This is a landmark deal for us at T-Series and I am glad to be doing this with Mahesh Manjrekar. We have known each other for years and now Mahesh and I have also started working on possible joint productions as I am keen on venturing out in Marathi film production as well.”
Kumar plans to invest 15-20 crore in the production, music acquisition and promotions of Marathi films.
Said Manjrekar, “T-Series will definitely give the much needed boost to Marathi film music. The next 10 films of mine will have T-Series as music partner. Thank You Bhushan Kumar. Proud!”
The 10 film titles include ‘Dhyani Mani’, ‘Nation First’, ‘Wada’, ‘Take Care Good Night’, ‘Shikari’, ‘Shivaji Park Mumbai 28’, ‘I Am Shivaji Raje’, ‘Friendship Unlimited (Fu)’, ‘Kore Goan Park’ and ‘White’.