- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
T-series to foray into Marathi film production biz
MUMBAI: After succeeding in Hindi, Punjabi and Bhojpuri films, T-Series has decided to foray into the Marathi film production business. The plan is to initially co-produce with Mahesh Manjrekar.
As the first step in this direction, T-Series, led by Bhushan Kumar, has signed a 10-movie music deal with ace director Mahesh Manjrekar. Out of the 10 Marathi movies, seven are directed by Manjrekar himself.
Manjrekar and Kumar have earlier worked together in the Hindi film industry. They now want to spread this association to Marathi movies.
Said Kumar, “This is a landmark deal for us at T-Series and I am glad to be doing this with Mahesh Manjrekar. We have known each other for years and now Mahesh and I have also started working on possible joint productions as I am keen on venturing out in Marathi film production as well.”
Kumar plans to invest 15-20 crore in the production, music acquisition and promotions of Marathi films.
Said Manjrekar, “T-Series will definitely give the much needed boost to Marathi film music. The next 10 films of mine will have T-Series as music partner. Thank You Bhushan Kumar. Proud!”
The 10 film titles include ‘Dhyani Mani’, ‘Nation First’, ‘Wada’, ‘Take Care Good Night’, ‘Shikari’, ‘Shivaji Park Mumbai 28’, ‘I Am Shivaji Raje’, ‘Friendship Unlimited (Fu)’, ‘Kore Goan Park’ and ‘White’.