- Rajasthan govt's criminal laws ordinance challenged in HC
- Flipkart in talks with Swiggy, UrbanClap and UrbanLadder for buyouts
- UGC decision may reduce SC/ST, OBC faculty posts
- Supreme Court asks government to consider regulating playing of National Anthem
- Asthana's appointment destroying CBI's independence: Prashant Bhushan
- Bilkis Bano case: SC asks Gujarat to apprise it on departmental action against convicted policemen
T-Series restructures film, music verticals after Ajay Kapoor’s exit
MUMBAI: T-Series CMD Bhushan Kumar has restructured the top management of his entertainment company following the exit of his lieutenant Ajay Kapoor.
Under the new structure, film production will be looked after by Priya Gupta and Shiv Chanana, while music acquisition will be taken care of by Vinod Bhanushali and Shiv Chanana.
Kapoor has joined the Rajesh Wadhawan group, which has interests in finance, real estate, hospitality and sports and is now foraying into the film production business. He will head the entertainment vertical of the group.
He had worked along with Bhushan Kumar on music acquisition and in legal function, co-producing past T-Series films like ‘Bhootnath Returns’, ‘Roy’ and ‘All Is Well’.
T-Series, which has earned fame through its music business, is taking big leaps in film production. Some of the upcoming films in 2017 are ‘Raabta’ (directed by Dinesh Vijan and starring Sushant Singh Rajput and Kriti Sanon), ‘Baadshaho’ (directed by Milan Luthria and starring Ajay Devgn and Emraan Hashmi), ‘Chef’ (directed by Raja Menon and starring Saif Ali Khan) and ‘Simran’ (directed by Hansal Mehta and starring Kangana Ranaut), to name just a few.
The company recently signed Amazon Prime Video India as the exclusive subscription streaming partner for future films. Under this partnership, 17 under-production films will first be showcased to subscribers of Prime Video before their TV premiere.