- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
T-Series gets 10 mn subscribers on YouTube
MUMBAI: After hitting one million subscribers in 2013, T-Series has raced ahead to add 9 million subscribers to its YouTube channel in over two years.
T-Series claims to have become the first South Asian channel to cross the magical 10 million-subscriber mark.
Cumulatively, T-Series has gained more than 7.7 billion views on their channel and is arguably one of the most popular music channels in the world on YouTube.
T-Series was among the first in the music industry to embrace YouTube in 2011 to take its music global. Over the last five years, it has built a strong online presence and has made YouTube a strategic destination to drive consumption of music videos produced for films and TV to fulfil the appetite of viewers online.
With the majority of its channel subscribers and views coming from outside of India, T-series is among the top channels on YouTube globally, with its audience base spread across the US, UK, Canada, Germany, Saudi Arabia and other SAARC nations.
T-Series MD Bhushan Kumar said, “We have always endeavoured to meet the consumer expectations by offering the content relevant to the times and that has been our main success mantra. In addition to rolling out hit film and independent music, we are actively promoting young talent and have proactively signed YouTube stars to record songs and albums for mainstream Bollywood. I dedicate this success to the spirit of relationship and camaraderie between T-Series and YouTube teams, which have played a pivotal role to achieve this milestone.”
With 16 channels on YouTube driving more than 30 billion views so far and 13.6 million total subscribers, the T-Series network today attracts approximately 41 million views per day. T-Series’ main channel is the biggest in the network, with more than 10 million subscribers, with other major channels being Apna Punjab with 528k subscribers, and devotional channel Bhakti Sagar with 720k subscribers.