- Strong 6.9 magnitude earthquake hits Tibet near India-China border
- Navy Says Genitalia Air Display 'Absolutely Unacceptable'
- Moody's Withdraws RCom's Corporate Family Rating On 'Default'
- Sushil Kumar strolls to national gold with three walkovers
- Madras High Court confirms two-year jail term of Natarajan in 1994 car import case
Swacchta to form theme of Rashtriya Bal Film Mela
MUMBAI: Information and Broadcasting minister Prakash Javadekar has said that ‘Swacchta’ (Cleanliness) will form the main theme of the three-day Rashtriya Bal Film Mela (RBFM), which is to be held from 14 to 16 November, at Siri Fort Auditorium, New Delhi.
The festival is planned for the first time in Delhi on the sidelines of Children’s Day celebrations.
Addressing the press conference, Javadekar said that the theme of RBFM would help in taking ‘Swacch Bharat Abhiyan’ to the children and create awareness through the medium of film.
The minister said that programmes like a performance by the Shiamak Davar Dance Group at the inaugural function, a cinematography workshop by the Film and Television Institute of India, Pune, workshop on ‘Best out of waste’, magic performance and impromptu work of art by ace artist Shri Vilas Nayak on the theme of ‘Swacchta’ would be other attractions for children at the festival.
Tennis player Sania Mirza would be the chief guest for the inaugural function. ‘Pappu Ki Pugdundi’ would be the opening film of the three-day festival. The festival is being organised by the Children’s Film Society of India under the aegis of the MIB.