- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
Supreme Court reserves verdict on Lodha panel recos for BCCI
MUMBAI: The Supreme Court has reserved its verdict on the BCCI implementing the Lodha committee report on administrative reforms. There will be no more hearings.
Senior counsel for the board, KK Venugopal opposed the recommendations, which do not allow ministers and government servants to hold office. A Supreme Court bench comprising Chief Justice TS Thakur and Ibrahim Kalifulla said that politicians could hold a position in cricket’s richest body as long as the person was not holding any other office.
Justice Kalifulla retires later this month and so the verdict is expected soon.