- Hathway’s cable TV and broadband capex to be Rs 270 cr in FY18
- Cut in interconnect charge may boost RIL's EPS by 8%
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
Super Bowl on Sunday is the most viewed event in US TV history
MUMBAI: An average of 112.2 million viewers in the US watched the Super Bowl on Fox last Sunday, according to Nielsen.
The match was one sided and saw the Seattle Seahawks bludgeon the Denver Broncos. The match has become the most watched programme ever in the US.
In 2012, 111.3 million viewers had tuned into NBC’s telecast. Back in 2010, CBS was the first to cross the 100 million viewership barrier with 106.5 million viewers.
Advertisers paid a record $4 million for a 30-second spot and that spend was justified in the end. The match touched its peak in the hour before halftime.
During halftime Bruno Mars and the Red Hot Chili Peppers performed and got 115.3 million viewers,beating the queen of pop Madonna who had attracted 114 million viewers in 2012.
However, in terms of household ratings there was only a slight improvement.. This year’s game was the seventh highest-rated. The ratings record is held by the 1982 edition which had aired on CBS.