- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Sun’s Tamil movie channel KTV to celebrate Rajnikanth’s birthday
MUMBAI: Sun TV Network’s Tamil movie channel KTV has undertaken a special initiative ‘Ulagam Engum Rajini’ to ring in the South superstar Rajnikanth’s birthday on 12 December.
For the first time, KTV has come up with an initiative to invite fans of Rajnikanth from across the world to wish the ‘Superstar’ on his birthday.
Fans of the actor have personally filmed their wishes in popular landmarks of their respective cities which include Eiffel Tower in Paris; Times Square in New York; in front of the NASA Centre in Houston; in a Sai Baba Temple in Texas, Independence Monument in Uganda; Hobart Bridge at Sydney and Mt. Rigi Kulm in Switzerland.
Some unique wishes were received by the channel in languages like Swahili, Japanese, Italian, Polish, Ukrainian, Moldovan and Georgian. The wishes will be aired on KTV throughout the day on 12 December.
At 7 pm, the channel will air an exclusive Rajinikanth birthday special show ‘Ulagam Engum Rajini’. It will feature elements like an exclusive video of a couple of Rajinikanth fans in Tokyo, who drive an Indian auto rickshaw in the streets of Tokyo wishing the superstar in Tamil, fans from Osaka, Japan singing a famous foot-tapping number of Rajinikanth and speaking impeccable Tamil along with some of his famous movie dialogues.
In addition to this, the episode will carry wishes from his fans from various parts of the world and also from celebrities of the Tamil film industry.