- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Sun TV’s Kalanithi Maran and wife take home Rs 71.47 cr each in FY16
MUMBAI: Sun TV Network promoters continue to be one of the highest paid corporate executives in the country.
Kalanithi Maran and his wife Kavery Kalanithi took home Rs 71.47 crore (Rs 714.7 million) each as salary plus bonus in FY16.
While the salaries of the Marans remained the same as that of the previous year, the bonus component rose by over 21%. This took their total remuneration up by around 17% in FY16, according to Sun TV Network’s annual report.
Sun TV Network founder and executive chairman Kalanithi Maran and his wife Kavery Kalanithi, who is an executive director in the company, received Rs 13.14 crore each as salary in FY16, the same as in the year-ago period. However, the bonus income for both rose to Rs 58.33 crore (Rs 583.3 million) compared to Rs 48.1 crore (Rs 481 million) in FY15.
Kalanithi earned a dividend of Rs 458.12 crore (Rs 4.58 billion) in FY16 compared to Rs 399.02 crore (Rs 3.99 billion) a year ago.
Sun TV MD and CEO K Vijaykumar’s salary rose to Rs 82 lakh (Rs 8.2 million) from Rs 61 lakh (Rs 6.1 million). The company’s chief financial officer V C Unnikrishnan received a salary of Rs 81 lakh (Rs 8.1 million) from Rs 73 lakh (Rs 7.3 million).
Sun TV’s total income in FY16 stood at Rs 2,493.30 crore (Rs 24.93 billion), up 6.94% from the previous fiscal. Net profit was at Rs 867.25 crore (Rs 8.67 billion) from Rs 737.23 crore (Rs 7.37 billion) a year ago.