- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Sun Distribution acquires Latin America rights of ‘Baahubali: The Beginning’
MUMBAI: Sun Distribution has acquired the Latin America distribution rights of the Indian bilingual historical fiction film ‘Baahubali: The Beginning’.
The Variety reports that Sun acquired all rights through Latin America from Arka Mediaworks International and is working to set a regional release date.
Arka Mediaworks International head Francois Da Silva said, “Baahubali has achieved so many things and acquired such a special position in Indian cinema that we are in the fortunate position of being able to negotiate with the top distributors in territories around the world.”
Directed by SS Rajamouli and produced by Shobu Yarlagadda and Prasad Devineni of Arka Mediaworks, the film saw a 4,500 screen release in July. The concluding, second instalment of the franchise will be released in India at the end of 2016.
Baahubali’s box office collections were a hit as the Rana Daggubati starrer became the first non-Hindi film to enter the Rs 500-crore (Rs 5 billion) club in the first three weeks of its release.