- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
Sun Distribution acquires Latin America rights of ‘Baahubali: The Beginning’
MUMBAI: Sun Distribution has acquired the Latin America distribution rights of the Indian bilingual historical fiction film ‘Baahubali: The Beginning’.
The Variety reports that Sun acquired all rights through Latin America from Arka Mediaworks International and is working to set a regional release date.
Arka Mediaworks International head Francois Da Silva said, “Baahubali has achieved so many things and acquired such a special position in Indian cinema that we are in the fortunate position of being able to negotiate with the top distributors in territories around the world.”
Directed by SS Rajamouli and produced by Shobu Yarlagadda and Prasad Devineni of Arka Mediaworks, the film saw a 4,500 screen release in July. The concluding, second instalment of the franchise will be released in India at the end of 2016.
Baahubali’s box office collections were a hit as the Rana Daggubati starrer became the first non-Hindi film to enter the Rs 500-crore (Rs 5 billion) club in the first three weeks of its release.