- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Subhash Somani joins Shemaroo as head of DTH biz
MUMBAI: Shemaroo Entertainment has appointed Subhash Somani to head its DTH side of the business. He will be primarily looking into content strategy, business development and revenue.
Somani will also lead and manage strategic partnerships with broadcasters and studios and will be playing a key role in new initiatives and launches.
Prior to joining Shemaroo, Somani was working for Videocon d2h as senior manager – Content.
Somani has over seven years of experience in diverse roles in the media and entertainment sector. In his last tenure with Videocon d2h, he was involved in content acquisition and launch of new value-added services (VAS) for the DTH platform.
Shemaroo Entertainment director Hiren Gada said, “We are thrilled to have Subhash to lead the way for our DTH business. He is part of the DTH industry since its nascent stage and has deep understanding of the market. With an addition of new perspective and experience in the team, we believe we will be able to leverage the platform to the fullest.”
Shemaroo offers a bouquet of VAS services on all the major DTH platforms covering multiple genres. These offerings range from devotional services like iDevotion and Sajda. It also includes regional services like Relamchhel and Punjabi Tadka. It has tied up with all the DTH players including Tata Sky, Airtel Digital, Videocon d2h and Dish TV.