- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
Star Movies to premiere ‘Frozen’ on Christmas
MUMBAI: Star Movies will celebrate a special Christmas with its viewers by premiering ‘Frozen’ on 25 December at 1 pm and 9 pm.
Acknowledged as Disney’s best animated feature film, ‘Frozen’ narrates the story of a fearless princess who sets off on an epic journey alongside a brave young man, his loyal pet reindeer and a cuddly snowman to find her estranged sister, whose icy powers have accidentally trapped the kingdom of Arendelle in eternal winter.
Star Movies has also initiated a special activity for its viewers by bringing in a Christmas tree that’s decked with gifts. But the problem is that Elsa has accidently frozen over all the gifts and it’s time for the fans of Star Movies to unfreeze their gifts to claim them as their own.
On the channel’s Facebook and Twitter pages, fans can pick a gift from the Star Movies Christmas Tree and in order to claim it, will have to tweet to @StarMovies India with a hashtag #frozenonstarmovies and tag the gift they want. The person with the most tweets for a particular gift will win it.
With screenplay written by Jennifer Lee and both Chris Buck and Lee serving as directors, ‘Frozen’ is inspired by Hans Christian Andersen’s fairy tale ‘The Snow Queen’. It won two Academy Awards for Best Animated Feature and Best Original Song ‘Let it Go’.
The 2013 release was touted to be the highest grossing animated and musical film, reportedly grossing $1.2 billion worldwide.