- ACT Fibernet rolls-out 1 Gbps plan in Bengaluru after Hyderabad
- Vishnu Shankar takes charge as &TV business head
- Unitech Shares Plunge 13% As Supreme Court Stays NCLT Order
- Tax department probes unregulated bitcoin exchanges after valuations jump
- Coal scam: Fmr Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda, Fmr coal Secy held guilty
- Deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar was extended to March 31, 2018
Star China Media appoints Iris Xia as deputy GM
MUMBAI: Star China Media has named Iris Xia as deputy general manager. She replaces Vivian Yin, who left the company in June.
Xia has been with the Star TV Group and Star China Media for over 11 years. She was in charge of media content global sourcing, programming, channel operations and original programme development. For five years she produced TV entertainment programmes and live music concerts.
Prior to Star China, Xia worked as a producer and director for Shanghai Media Group. She holds an MA in international communications & development from City University.
“I am very pleased to announce that Iris Xia will take over as the GM of Star’s global division. Iris has been a long-time, dedicated production and programming team member. Our company has enjoyed being at the top of the ratings with The Voice of China and several other international Formats. Last year we ventured outside China with our own original Format and I am confident Iris will bring Star to the next level both within, and outside of, China,” said Star China Media CEO Tian Ming.
“It is with great excitement that I accept this new position at Star China. I am honored that our CEO, Tian Ming, has placed his trust in me to handle this very important role and I look forward to delivering his vision to the world. We have a great team of creative producers and dedicated staff at Star, along with fantastic programming to promote,” said Xia.