- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
SRK, Vroovy to launch official mobile game of ‘Happy New Year’
MUMBAI: Shah Rukh Khan is leaving no stone unturned to create buzz around his upcoming film ‘Happy New Year’. In the latest move, the King Khan has joined hands with Vroovy (a joint venture between Hungama and Gameshastra) to launch the official mobile game of the film.
‘Happy New Year: The Game’ will be available for download on iOS, Android and Facebook.
The game is a side-scroller action adventure, where a group of six highly trained thieves take on thrilling missions using their unique skill sets and gadgets to pull off the greatest diamond heist of the world.
The mobile game encapsulates the essence of the film, allowing gamers to play as Champion Charlie, Marvellous Mohini, Notorious Nandu, Juggernaut Jag, Terrific Tammy or Rowdy Rohan, and gear up for an action-packed, heart-racing adventure where they have to unlock doors, break walls, hack alarm systems and bash guards.
Hungama Digital Media Entertainment Pvt Ltd MD and CEO Neeraj Roy said, “We are delighted to be working with the superstar of Bollywood and creating the magic of his upcoming film ‘Happy New Year’ on the mobile devices. The game has eight levels and it allows you to play as the characters of the film, and that I believe is a thrilling experience for the fans. I am certain that the engagement level of the game with its extremely immersive features and gameplay will keep the gamers hooked on to the game. With soaring anticipation for the film and the massive fan following of SRK, we hope the game will be well received by Mobile & Casual gamers across the world.”
Some of the features of the game are:
- Super realistic 3D-modelled characters of Khan, Deepika Padukone, Abhishek Bachchan, Boman Irani, Sonu Sood and Vivaan Shah;
- Complete objectives, collect diamonds and discover secret chambers to help you advance in the game;
- Eight complete levels designed to test your mettle at different locations—The Bank, The Dockyard, The Streets of Dubai, etc.;
- Overcome the obstacles in the form of watchful guards, lasers, falling cargo, burning barrels to get to the final level: The Magnificent Atlantis Hotel;
- Power up with weapons, skill upgrades, invisibility shields and BomankaBatwa;
- Real-time social multiplayer mode: Challenge your friends on Facebook/Twitter;
- Discover the abilities of your favourite character by unlocking them;
- Unique tag-team format: Switch between characters who have unique skill sets;
- Fight your way to the top of the worldwide leader boards and stand a chance to win prizes;
- Simple and intuitive controls and realistic graphics.