- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
‘Spiderman: Homecoming’ to talk in 3 Indian languages, release in 1,400 screens
MUMBAI: With the web-slinging superhero Spiderman set to return to theatrical screens on Friday 7 July with the new movie ‘Spiderman: Homecoming’ featuring Tom Holland, Sony Pictures Entertainment India, which is managing the theatrical release, and Disney India, which is looking after licensing & merchandising, are looking to create a storm.
Like other Hollywood blockbusters, this movie too is counting on language versions to make a killing. Besides English, it will be released in Hindi, Tamil and Telugu. Bollywood actor Tiger Shroff is the voice of Spiderman for Hindi.
The film is being released across 1,400 screens. However, what could prove to be a dampener in Tamil Nadu, where theatre owners have gone on strike to protest against the imposition of a local tax that adds to Goods and Services Tax (GST).
For the record, Holland first appeared as Spiderman in ‘Captain America 3’. He had a cameo in that movie.
Meanwhile, Disney India’s consumer products division has collaborated with 60 brands across categories to bring alive the world of this web-slinging superhero.
Some of the partnerships are as follows:
Apparel: Max, Lifestyle, Bioworld, Reliance Trends and more
Accessories: VIP, Titan, Crocs and more
Stationery: HM International, SKI and more
Toys: Mattel, Lego, Funskool, My Baby Excel, Hero and more
Home: Servewell, Ddecor, Welspun, Setner
Retail and e-commerce: Amazon.in, Hamleys, Landmark and more
There are also brand associations:
Flipkart: There is a curated Marvel’s Spider-Man store on Flipkart. This store, Disney India claims, has the biggest selection of Spider-Man merchandise led by toys, apparel and back-to-school categories.
Cinepolis: The multiplex chain in India will be selling limited-edition ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ sippers through their concessionaires.
Bata: A new range of Marvel’s Spider-Man-inspired shoes and sandals for boys.