- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
‘Spider-Man’ to be released worldwide in Imax 3D theatres
MUMBAI: The next film in the ‘Spider-Man’ franchise will once again come to Imax theatres for a network-wide event run when the film is released in theatres on its new worldwide date on 7 July 2017.
As the movie, which Sony Pictures Entertainment is teaming with Marvel Studios to produce, enters wide release, it will also be digitally re-mastered into the Imax 3D format.
The highly anticipated next installment in the $4 billion franchise, which will star Tom Holland as Peter Parker/Spider-Man, will be directed by Jon Watts and produced by Feige and Amy Pascal.
Sony pictures president of worldwide marketing and distribution Josh Greenstein said, “There’s so much about Spider-Man – including the web-slinging action – that lends itself perfectly to the Imax screen. We are confident that audiences everywhere around the world will want to see it in IMAX.”
Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige said, “Time and time again Imax delivers super-hero sized movie going experiences to fans. With the anticipation for Spider-Man climbing, we are excited that Imax has committed early to this extended release plan- it will be a great way for audiences around the world to experience such a big event film.”
Imax senior executive VP Greg Foster who is also Imax Entertainment CEO said, “Imax’s long-standing relationship with Marvel and Sony first began with Spider-Man in 2002, establishing the ultimate way for fans to be transported into the world of their favorite characters like Peter Parker. By re-teaming with our friends at Sony and Marvel on the newest Spider-Man reboot, we are excited to deliver audiences what they’re asking for: a must-see cinematic adventure – in IMAX.”