- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Sony Pictures-owned IMS Internet Media Services acquires majority stake in Httpool
MUMBAI: IMS Internet Media Services (IMS), a subsidiary of Sony Pictures Television Networks, and one of the largest digital ad sales and media buying companies in Latin America, has reached an agreement to acquire a majority stake in Httpool, an international cross-channel ad network with presence in Central and Eastern Europe and Asia.
Subject to regulatory approval, the deal will create one of the largest digital marketing and ad sales companies in the industry, with a combined operation supporting more than 6,000 agencies and brands worldwide, and exclusively representing Twitter, LinkedIn, Spotify and more than 5,000 global and local publishers across 30 countries in Latin America, Central and Eastern Europe, and the Asia Pacific regions.
“This acquisition will enable IMS to develop some of the highest-potential geographies across Europe and Asia, and create a truly global company. IMS and Httpool together can offer end-to-end solutions in digital marketing campaign delivery, helping partners with our deep knowledge of local markets, and empowering local publishers, advertisers and 1,000s of digital professionals and entrepreneurs,” said IMS CEO and founder Gastón Taratuta.
“Bringing together IMS and Httpool will create a one-stop solution for advertisers launching local or international campaigns, as well as networks and publishers looking to monetize content across many of the world’s fastest-growing emerging markets,” said Sony Pictures Television president, worldwide networks Andy Kaplan.
“IMS and Httpool share the same vision, so we couldn’t imagine a more appropriate partner. This deal represents a major milestone for Httpool and an important recognition for all our past achievements. Teaming with IMS will fuel our increasing growth, and enable us to expand our proprietary solutions on a global scale,” said Httpool CEO and founder Aljosa Jenko.
Headquartered in Miami, IMS also has offices in Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Panama, Peru, Ecuador and Uruguay. Httpool’s 19 offices include India, Hong Kong, Austria, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Croatia, Greece, Hungary, Kosovo, Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Ukraine and Russia.