- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Sony Music acquires the music rights of Dharma Productions’ ‘Brothers’
MUMBAI: Sony Music Entertainment has acquired the music rights of Dharma Productions’ upcoming action drama movie ‘Brothers’.
Directed by Karan Malhotra, the film is an official remake of the 2011 Hollywood film ‘Warrior’.
After ‘Agneepath’, this is the second time the team of Dharma Productions, Sony Music, Karan Malhotra, Ajay-Atul and Amitabh Bhattacharya will be working together.
Sony Music India marketing director Sanujeet Bhujabal said, “Dharma and Sony Music have always created great musical milestones and the music of this film will be another such. Composed by the multi award winning duo Ajay -Atul who will weave in magic with their melodies and the lyrics penned by Amitabh Bhattacharya, this album will a worthy follow up to the smashing soundtrack of Agneepath.”
Produced by Dharma Productions, Lionsgate Films and Endemol India, the film is set to release on 14 August 2015. It stars Akshay Kumar, Sidharth Malhotra and Jacqueline Fernandez in lead roles, while Jackie Shroff will play a supporting role.