- India TV’s Rajat Sharma takes charge as NBA prez for third time
- iCubesWire floats $3 mn fund for digital startups
- CRPF, Northern Rails launch cleanliness drive at station
- Reliance Jio 4G speeds rise by 50 per cent as free data offers end: OpenSignal
- Hyderabad man accused of burning wife to death for not getting an MBBS seat
- FIR against Honeypreet, police steps up search operations
- Dawood's brother Iqbal Kaskar arrested in extortion case
- Manmohan Singh Says Demonetisation and GST Double Whammy For Economy
Sony Music acquires music rights of ‘OK Jaanu’
MUMBAI: Sony Music today announced the music acquisition of ‘OK Jaanu’,an upcoming Indian romantic drama film produced by Mani Ratnam and Karan Johar and directed by Shaad Ali with the legendary A R Rahman as the music director and lyrics by Gulzar. It is known to be the official remake of Mani Ratnam’s Tamil hit film ‘OK Kanmani’, wherein the music of the same is with Sony Music South.
‘Ok Jaanu’ is a musical that stars Aditya Roy Kapur and Shraddha Kapoor in the lead roles and hits the big screen on 13 January 2017.
Said Sony Music India marketing director Sanujeet Bhujabal, “We have seen a massive success of the music when we released the album in South in 2015 and we hope to create the same excitement with ‘OK Jaanu’. The movie and its music has already cut across geographies so the strategy is to recreate the magic.”