- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Sony Classical releases original sound track of film on Pele
MUMBAI: Sony Classical has released the original motion picture sound track of Pele, featuring music by AR Rahman.
Rahman said, “Being a fan of many South American films, I never imagined that one day I’d score music for a movie on Pele, the soccer legend from Brazil. The human story of his life is a lesson for the whole world to believe in their own internal strength and miracles”.
Jeffrey Zimbalist directed the movie and Michael Zimbalist wrote the film ‘Pele: Birth of a Legend’, which was produced by Brian Grazer, Ivan Orlic, Colin Wilson and Kim Roth.
Pele is a soccer legend who changed the game forever, and a national hero of Brazil who carried the hopes and dreams of a country on his back.
Before he was an icon, he was a kid from the slums of São Paulo, Brazil, and was so poor that he couldn’t afford a real soccer ball.
Charting his meteoric rise — from scrubbing floors to support his family to honing his electrifying playing style on the streets to leading Brazil’s national team to its first World Cup victory at the age of 17, Pele vividly brings to life the greatest sports story of the 20th century.
A R Rahman who scored the music for the movie, is an Indian film music composer, singer-songwriter, music producer, musician, multi-instrumentalist and philanthropist.
Described as the world’s most prominent and prolific film composer by Time, his works are notable for integrating eastern classical music with electronic music sounds, world music genres and traditional orchestral arrangements.
He has won two Academy Awards, two Grammy Awards, a BAFTA Award, a Golden Globe, four National Film Awards, 15 Filmfare Awards and 13 Filmfare Awards South.