- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Sonakshi Sinha buys franchise in World Kabaddi League
MUMBAI: Continuing the trend of Bollywood stars buying sports franchises, film star Sonakshi Sinha has bought a franchise in World Kabaddi League which is slated to kick-start on 9 August in London.
Sinha has bought the United Singhs team along with The Hayre Group of UK. This is the first time Sonakshi has associated herself with a sport of this kind. She is the third celebrity to associate with the WKL, after Akshay Kumar and Honey Singh.
“I am really excited to be part of World Kabaddi League. This is my first such endeavour. Kabaddi is a fast paced sport and I am looking forward to some adrenalin rush moments during the League,” Sinha said.
“We are very excited with the support World Kabaddi League is getting from various celebrated personalities. Sonakshi is truly a gem in the crown. We are confident that her association will add to the growing fan following of the League,” said World Kabaddi League commissioner Pargat Singh.
WKL is taking an indigenous Indian sport to the world and redefining it for the Indian audience. The league will be played in Circle style which is the most popular kabaddi format followed across 26 countries globally.