- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Shows from Brazil, Canada, UK triumph at second Intl Kids Emmy Awards
MUMBAI: The International Academy of Television Arts and Sciences has announced the winners of the second International Emmy Kids Awards.
Winning programmes from Brazil, Canada, and the UK are: ‘Pedro and Bianca (Kids: Series); ‘Pet School’, (Kids: Non-Scripted Entertainment); ‘Ben and Holly’s Little Kingdom’ (Kids: Pre-School); ‘Same But Different’ (Kids: Factual); ‘Room on the Broom’ (Kids: Animation) and The Phantoms (Kids: TV-Movie/Mini-Series).
International Academy president Bruce L. Paisner said, “We all know what a great challenge and responsibility it is to produce for children. The winning programs demonstrate the high standard of quality programming we expect for kids television, and we are proud to recognize them with the Emmy.”
The Emmy® statues were presented on stage by personalities including: Canadian actor Demetrius Joyette, Swedish and Danish kids programming hosts Malin Olsson and Christian Volfing, German pre-school character Die Maus from The Show with The Mouse with co-creator Arwin Maiwald, Sesame Street’s Allison Bartlett and Broadway actress and singer Lesli Margherita currently starring as Mrs. Wormwood in Matilda.
Over 300 international industry executives attended the event, held at Pier 60 at Chelsea Piers, in New York City.