- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Shonda Rhimes to Receive 2016 International Emmy® Founders Award
MUMBAI: The International Academy of Television Arts & Sciences will present the 2016 International Emmy Founders Award to Shonda Rhimes, the writer, executive producer and creator behind series ‘Grey’s Anatomy’, ‘Scandal’, ‘Private Practice’ and ‘How to Get Away with Murder’.
Rhimes will accept the Award at the 44th International Emmy® Awards Gala, on 21 November in New York City.
“Shonda Rhimes is in a league of her own- not only does she have an entire night of primetime on ABC in the United States, but her groundbreaking shows and iconic characters are avidly followed by over 300 million viewers worldwide, in 67 languages. We look forward to honoring her boundless creative artistry and unique production talent with our Founders Award,” said Academy president, CEO Bruce L. Paisner.
“I am continually amazed by the global reach of television and have been so fortunate to have fans of my shows around the world. To be recognised for this by the International Television Academy is truly an honour,” said Rhimes.