- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Shivlal Yadav to look after non-IPL affairs of the BCCI
MUMBAI: BCCI vice president Shivlal Yadav will look after all non-IPL affairs of the BCCI.
“I am quite happy to hear the news that I will be looking after cricket affairs outside the IPL. I will try to do my best,” Yadav said.
BCCI VP Rajeev Shukla said, “We have no objection to the Supreme Court order. The BCCI lawyers have also said that the order is acceptable. Even Mr. Srinivasan had said through the lawyers that he is willing to step aside and after that what court decides will be acceptable to him. “The good thing is that all eight teams will play in this year’s IPL. IPL will go on and there will be no hindrance.”
The Supreme Court had said that former opening batsman Sunil Gavaskar should look after all matters related to the IPL. It ordered the BCCI to appoint its senior most VP to look after the non IPL matters.