- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
Shemaroo Retro Talkies to introduce old films in new format on social media
MUMBAI: Shemaroo Entertainment has introduced Shemaroo Retro Talkies on social media to re-release a movie every fortnight.
Targeted at youth, the initiative is intended to highlight old films through social media.
Each movie will have its own way of story-telling that may be through short videos, GIFs or sketches. Shemaroo Retro Talkies is available on Shemaroo Entertainment’s Facebook, Twitter and YouTube pages.
The company will kick off the initiative with the re-release of Sunny Deol’s ‘Ghayal’. The entire movie is captured in five tweets/ posts.
Shemaroo Entertainment director Jai Maroo said, “With Shemaroo Retro Talkies, we want users to relive classic Bollywood movies and also connect to the youth who’ve not watched these movies before. We will be narrating the entire story of the film but in a format that people like to consume these days like short videos, GIFs and sketches. The format will give out the entire story of the film in less than five minutes and help them decide if they want to watch the full film.”