- ACT Fibernet rolls-out 1 Gbps plan in Bengaluru after Hyderabad
- Vishnu Shankar takes charge as &TV business head
- Unitech Shares Plunge 13% As Supreme Court Stays NCLT Order
- Tax department probes unregulated bitcoin exchanges after valuations jump
- Coal scam: Fmr Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda, Fmr coal Secy held guilty
- Deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar was extended to March 31, 2018
Shemaroo Ent Q3 net up 38% at Rs 10.19 cr, revenue up marginally
MUMBAI: Media and entertainment firm Shemaroo Entertainment has posted a 38.26 per cent jump in its net profit for the quarter ended 31 December 2014.
Shemaroo’s consolidated net profit for the quarter stood at Rs 10.19 crore (Rs 101.9 million), compared to Rs 7.37 crore (Rs 73.7 million) a year ago.
However, total income from operations during the quarter saw a marginal 1.9 per cent increase to Rs 87.28 crore (Rs 872.8 million), from Rs 85.65 crore (Rs 856.5 million) in the year-ago period.
Total expenses, meanwhile, dropped by 1.9 per cent to Rs 68.50 crore (Rs 685 million), as against Rs 69.82 crore (Rs 698.2 million).
Profit from operations (before other income, finance costs and exceptional items) was at Rs 18.78 crore (Rs 187.8 million), up from Rs 15.83 crore (Rs 158.3 million).