- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Shemaroo Ent Q3 net up 38% at Rs 10.19 cr, revenue up marginally
MUMBAI: Media and entertainment firm Shemaroo Entertainment has posted a 38.26 per cent jump in its net profit for the quarter ended 31 December 2014.
Shemaroo’s consolidated net profit for the quarter stood at Rs 10.19 crore (Rs 101.9 million), compared to Rs 7.37 crore (Rs 73.7 million) a year ago.
However, total income from operations during the quarter saw a marginal 1.9 per cent increase to Rs 87.28 crore (Rs 872.8 million), from Rs 85.65 crore (Rs 856.5 million) in the year-ago period.
Total expenses, meanwhile, dropped by 1.9 per cent to Rs 68.50 crore (Rs 685 million), as against Rs 69.82 crore (Rs 698.2 million).
Profit from operations (before other income, finance costs and exceptional items) was at Rs 18.78 crore (Rs 187.8 million), up from Rs 15.83 crore (Rs 158.3 million).