- Rajasthan govt's criminal laws ordinance challenged in HC
- Flipkart in talks with Swiggy, UrbanClap and UrbanLadder for buyouts
- UGC decision may reduce SC/ST, OBC faculty posts
- Supreme Court asks government to consider regulating playing of National Anthem
- Asthana's appointment destroying CBI's independence: Prashant Bhushan
- Bilkis Bano case: SC asks Gujarat to apprise it on departmental action against convicted policemen
Shemaroo Ent Q3 net up 38% at Rs 10.19 cr, revenue up marginally
MUMBAI: Media and entertainment firm Shemaroo Entertainment has posted a 38.26 per cent jump in its net profit for the quarter ended 31 December 2014.
Shemaroo’s consolidated net profit for the quarter stood at Rs 10.19 crore (Rs 101.9 million), compared to Rs 7.37 crore (Rs 73.7 million) a year ago.
However, total income from operations during the quarter saw a marginal 1.9 per cent increase to Rs 87.28 crore (Rs 872.8 million), from Rs 85.65 crore (Rs 856.5 million) in the year-ago period.
Total expenses, meanwhile, dropped by 1.9 per cent to Rs 68.50 crore (Rs 685 million), as against Rs 69.82 crore (Rs 698.2 million).
Profit from operations (before other income, finance costs and exceptional items) was at Rs 18.78 crore (Rs 187.8 million), up from Rs 15.83 crore (Rs 158.3 million).