- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Seven West Media becomes strategic investor in Australian daily fantasy sports start-up Draftstars
MUMBAI: Seven West Media, an Australian integrated media and content creation company, has announced its investment in Draftstars, an Australian daily fantasy start-up.
Draftstars is a joint venture between Seven West Media, CrownBet and Fox Sports, and is the official daily fantasy sports partner of the Australian Football League.
Seven West Media has secured a 33% shareholding and will provide media support, product development and investment to further drive brand awareness and usage in an integrated media campaign across all Seven’s leading content brands.
Draftstars was founded in March 2016 by CrownBet and FoxSports and is led by CEO Matt Sanders.
Seven West Media MD, CEO Tim Worner said, “We are delighted to partner with CrownBet and FoxSports in Draftstars. Our investment builds on our strategy of leveraging the power of our media assets to scale early stage businesses. Draftstars is an exciting investment for our company and we look forward to working with them and our investment partners in driving brand awareness and engagement.”
Seven West Media chief digital officer Clive Dickens said, “Seven West Media is constantly looking at ways in which we can engage our large sports audiences on mobile. Draftstars will soon launch EPL and Cricket to complement its existing range of highly-engaging contests across AFL, NRL, NFL and NBA. It is a highly scalable, mobile product and platform that is backed by powerful partners, each of which provide strong competitive advantages,” Mr Dickens said.
Draftstars CEO Matt Sanders said, “We’re thrilled to have Seven West Media come on board in time for the AFL finals and add their experience and audience to our engaging digital product. The partnership of Seven West Media, Fox Sports and CrownBet boasts the strongest-possible set of assets to bring this exciting new, simpler, quicker and more engaging form of entertainment to Australian sports fans.”