- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Sesame Workshop, CCTV collaborate on special for China
MUMBAI: CCTV Children’s Channel and Sesame Workshop China are collaborating again on a Chinese New Year special program—this time for 2016, the Year of Monkey.
Sesame Street’s Big Bird, Elmo and Cookie Monster invited Children’s Channel’s Ju Ping, Xiao Lu, Huang Wei, Du Yue and Jin Dou to celebrate and enjoy the Spring Festival festivities together in Singapore. The five segments are part of CCTV’s one-hour special ‘Let’s Celebrate Chinese New Year’, which will begin airing on 3 February at 6 pm (with rebroadcasts throughout the month).
The two organisations will also launch a joint promotional campaign on social media platforms before and during the broadcasts.
Local production was organised by MyChinaChannel, which will also syndicate a special version of the program on various broadcasters across the Southeast Asia region.
The segments were shot at Universal Studios Singapore, which houses Sesame Street attractions and experiences. Other landmark attractions featured in the segments include Gardens By the Bay, Singapore Zoo, Jurong Bird Park and China Town. This shoot was also supported by Singapore Tourism Board.
This is the third year that Sesame Workshop, the nonprofit educational organisation behind ‘Sesame Street’, has co-produced with CCTV Children’s Channel for its Chinese New Year special. Past topics have included special traditions and customs, stories, the lion dance and the Lantern Festival.