- Hathway’s cable TV and broadband capex to be Rs 270 cr in FY18
- Cut in interconnect charge may boost RIL's EPS by 8%
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
Sean Atkins is MTV US president
MUMBAI: MTV, a unit of US media conglomerate Viacom, has named Sean Atkins as president. He will oversee all creative and business operations for the youth entertainment brand and its sister networks MTV2 and mtvU.
A veteran media executive with expertise across disciplines, Atkins joins MTV from Discovery where he most recently served as GM, executive VP digital media and strategy.
Atkins will report to Viacom Music and Entertainment Group president Doug Herzog. MTV’s programming co-heads, executive VP, head of scripted development Mina Lefevre and head of reality programming and executive VP series development Lauren Dolgen will report directly to Atkins.
“Sean is smart, creative, passionate, and remarkably energised about the sea change at hand in our industry. The strength of MTV lies in its ability to constantly reinvent, and Sean’s forward-thinking, versatile leadership will ensure our brand and business continue to evolve and deliver for our audience,” said Herzog.