- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Scripps Networks Interactive to launch Food Network in Italy
MUMBAI: Scripps Networks Interactive, a global developer of engaging lifestyle content, will launch Food Network in Italy.
The culinary lifestyle channel will launch on 8 May on free-to-air LCN 33. Food Network is the first dedicated multi-platform food entertainment channel to launch in Italy.
“The launch of Food Network in Italy, a key growth market for Scripps Networks Interactive, represents a significant milestone in the global expansion of this brand. Italy offers a rich and dynamic culture, where food is in people’s DNA, and Food Network’s unique and entertaining programming will engage the many millions of Italians who celebrate food,” said Scripps Networks Interactive MD UK, Europe, Middle East amnd Africa Phillip Luff.
Food Network aims to connect viewers to the power and joy of food. The channel strives to be viewers’ best friend in food and is committed to leading by teaching, inspiring, empowering and entertaining through its talent and expertise.
Food Network will offer a mix of local original productions and flagship international shows across genres including culinary entertainment, competition series and in the kitchen cooking techniques. In addition to original local commissions, which will be produced in Italian, all programming will be dubbed in Italian.
To accompany the on-air offering, Food Network will launch a localised website featuring tested recipe collections, tips and food hacks, in addition to a social media presence on Facebook and Instagram to showcase exclusive clips and behind-the-scenes content.
Scripps Networks has appointed Viacom International Media Networks Pubblicita’ & Brand Solutions to represent Food Network’s advertising sales efforts for both linear and digital properties.
Scripps Networks Interactive first entered the Italian market with the launch of Fine Living on DTT in 2014. Fine Living focuses on lifestyle programming that offers an inspiring mix of modern living, style and design entertainment from around the world, seen through a local lens. In 2016, the channel has witnessed its greatest performance growth with a 33% ratings increase and 36% increase in total TV share.
Food Network launched back in 1993 in the US.