- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
ScoopWhoop to launch crime thriller web film ‘Sneh’
MUMBAI: Youth media network ScoopWhoop is expanding its portfolio with the launch of ‘Sneh’, a crime thriller web film based on true events.
The film, directed by Amit Malik, is an attempt to create quality content on varied genres.
Sneh is a gripping tale of the disappearance of a police officer. The plot focuses on the mystery of his disappearance and revolves around how his mother, wife and daughter deal with the situation.
The film is told mostly through the perspective of the wife, Sneh, and captures her plight after missing her husband. Broken into five parts, the film begins near the end of the story, and traces its steps backwards into the murky dealings of the human mind, debauchery, love, hatred and that dangerous thing called ‘desire’. Apart from an unusual approach to filmography, it is also the film’s performance that will keep the audience at the edge of their seat.
Speaking about the launch of ‘Sneh’, ScoopWhoop chief content officer Sriparna Tikekar said, “There simply isn’t one genre or one kind of story. Our goal has always been to feed our audience with the most interesting stories. And since we have never explored the dark side of story-telling, a crime thriller had to happen. With ‘Sneh’, we have experimented with the non-linear approach of execution, ensuring that the audience are gripped till the end.”
The web film was an Official Selection at Mumbai Film Festival (MAMI) 2016. Its fresh take on compelling storytelling has garnered many praises at the prestigious film festival.