- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Saregama bags music rights for Indu Sarkar
MUMBAI: Saregama India has acquired the music rights of Indu Sarkar. The film is set against the backdrop of the Emergency years in India from 1975 to 1977.
Said Saregama India MD Vikram Mehra, “Madhur Bhandarkar has always made critically and commercially great cinema and we are excited at this opportunity to collaborate with him and Bharat bhai,”
Director Madhur Bhandarkar said, “We are happy to associate with Saregama, they own some of the best retro songs in the industry. As the film is in the 70s, you can expect a lot of ‘retro’ themed music composed by Anu Malik.”
The film, starring Kirti Kulhari, Tota Roy Choudhary, Anupam Kher and Neil Nitin Mukesh, is slated to release on 21 July.