- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Saregama bags music rights for Indu Sarkar
MUMBAI: Saregama India has acquired the music rights of Indu Sarkar. The film is set against the backdrop of the Emergency years in India from 1975 to 1977.
Said Saregama India MD Vikram Mehra, “Madhur Bhandarkar has always made critically and commercially great cinema and we are excited at this opportunity to collaborate with him and Bharat bhai,”
Director Madhur Bhandarkar said, “We are happy to associate with Saregama, they own some of the best retro songs in the industry. As the film is in the 70s, you can expect a lot of ‘retro’ themed music composed by Anu Malik.”
The film, starring Kirti Kulhari, Tota Roy Choudhary, Anupam Kher and Neil Nitin Mukesh, is slated to release on 21 July.