- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
Salman–Shah Rukh clash at box office on Eid 2016
MUMBAI: In an epic clash after a long time, Bollywood superstars Salman Khan and Shah Rukh Khan will battle it out for audiences at the box office on Eid next year.
Salman Khan will be seen in Yash Raj Films’ ‘Sultan’, which is slated for release on Eid 2016.
Meanwhile, SRK-starrer ‘Raees’ is also scheduled to hit the screens that same day. Produced by Farhan Akhtar, Ritesh Sidhwani and Gauri Khan, under Excel and Red Chillies Entertainment, ‘Raees’ is an action-thriller directed by Rahul Dholakia.
‘Sultan’, which is being produced by Aditya Chopra and written-directed by Ali Abbas Zafar, will go on floors in November, YRF said today. Interestingly, release date of the movie has been announced before the commencement of principal photography.
The last YRF–Salman Khan collaboration, ‘Ek Tha Tiger’, was released on Independence Day in 2012 and was declared a superhit. It had netted over Rs 185 crore (Rs 1.85 billion) at the domestic box office.