- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Salman Khan’s ‘Sultan’ mops up Rs 180 crore
MUMBAI: Salman Khan’s ‘Sultan’ has conquered the box office. Produced by Yash Raj Films, the movie has collected Rs 180.36 crore (Rs 1.8 billion) in India.
Toning his body to get into the shape of a wrestler, Salman ran into controvery while comparing his training for Sultan with that of a raped woman. That statement did not go down well with many people, but it did nothing to spoil the commercial prospects of the movie.
On Wednesday, the movie’s opening collection stood at Rs 36.54 crore (Rs 365.4 million).
‘Sultan’ mopped up Rs 37.32 crore (Rs 373.2 million) on Thursday. The momentum continued on Friday as the movie collected Rs 31.67 crore (Rs 316.7 million) on a working day.
While ‘Sultan’ earned Rs 36.62 crore (Rs 366.2 million) on Saturday, Sunday’s collections stood at 38.21 crore (Rs 382.1 million).
The movie is still going strong in the Indian domestic market and expectations are that it will cross the Rs 300-crore mark.
‘Sultan’ has been released in 4,350 screens across India and in more than 1,000 screens overseas.